New books, new teachers, even perhaps a new car?
With the school holidays coming to a close, kids and parents alike are gearing up for the school year ahead. The start of the new school year not only affects students and their parents, but also drivers.
It may be tricky for our minds to make the switch from holiday mode. So, to make it a little easier for all, here are a few important things to remember when school starts on Tuesday 29th January thank to Clintons Motor Group:
· 40km/h school speed zones are fully operational from 8:00am to 9.30am and from 2.30pm to 4:00pm in most areas. Check with your local school for accurate times. Be on the lookout for school zones and always obey the speed limit.
· Be alert and aware of children crossing the road.
· Give way to pedestrians.
· Allow a little extra time when travelling through school zones at drop off and pick up times.
· Don’t que across roundabouts or traffic lights.
· Be aware of busses loading and unloading students.
For Students & Parents:
· Be alert and be aware when walking to school or bus stop. Plan a walking route, to find the most direct way to your destination.
· Remember to look both ways when crossing the road.
· Beware of ‘No Stopping’ and ‘No Parking’ zones when dropping students off.
· Allow extra travel time in bad weather.
· Always wear a helmet when riding a bike.
· Ensure shoe lases are tied before beginning a walk or bike ride.
Our Fleet Coordinator Amie's children Richard and Isla excited on their first day of daycare for 2019!
Our Human Resources Manager Angelique's family on her son Dian's first day of Kindergarten.